Saturday, October 20, 2012

A Time to Build Up

...a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted;...
a time to break down, and a time to build up;...
a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
(Ecclesiastes 3:2b, 3b, and 7b. ESV.)

Today was an experience. My friend and I loaded our vehicles, paid our money, and set up our "booths" to peddle our goods. Hers is "Blessings Unlimited" (for which I am hosting a party tomorrow! It is not too late to place your order, by the way!) Mine, is "Beachbody" home workouts!

I arrived early (well, for me anyway) at 7:00 a.m. To make sure everything was in order and ready by the time visitors were scheduled to arrive at 8:00 a.m. This was my first event as a "Beachbody Independent Coach" and I was eager to make the best of it. The cold, morning air numbed my fingers and toes as my nose threatened to run. The sun was rising and the heat was coming, but not yet.

What is not to love about home workouts? I mean, really? Each is 30-90 days long (depending on which is chosen) and the price is about the equivilant of a local gym's fees (for those months) without the "membership" charges! Throw in some Shakeology and the results are through the roof! But no one took the time to hear my presentation today (for which I had a power point presentation and everything)! A few wanted to hear about the "fitness challenge" but none signed up! No one even "signed in" to receive more information. I suppose I could be devastated. My friend was definitely disappointed, but I walked away confident that next time will go better.

People keep telling me that sales individuals have to have a tough skin because they hear, "No," more times than not. I am used to it now but I refuse to give up! I want to make something of my "Beachbody business"! It is right up my alley! Today was a good lesson. I believe we will continue to do these types of events but perhaps just not this exact one, again. Did I mention I was at this thing for nine hours? Yeah! But all in God's timing if it is His will. No worries!
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails