Sunday, October 21, 2012

A Time to Laugh and a Time to Embrace

a time to weep, and a time to laugh;
a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
(Ecclesiastes 3:4a and 5b. ESV.)

My friend and I have had an enlightening (and somewhat frustrating) weekend. First, our peddling failed miserably yesterday and today was round two...a "Blessings Unlimited" party at my house! Not disappointing as yesterday however, with all of the invitations I handed out, I certainly expected more than just a handful of people to show up!


Knowing only two people R.S.V.Ped (albeit one was a "maybe" and the other a "no") I bought a minimal amout of food. In my experience, the absence of a R.S.V.P. usually means a, "No." So I figured, no one was coming...maybe one.  C'est la vie! I did not take it personally. I was hoping for a MUCH better turn out to show support for my friend's business. But, it seems to me, whatever the business ---whether Beachbody, Blessings Unlimited, Partylite, Pampered Chef, Avon, or Melaluca--- the struggles are the same. Either individuals are interested or they are not. It's not worth arguing with them over it. You know?


And, yes, I did put out my stuff too for the party at my house. Why not? There is a local bazaar coming up in November but I don't know. Will it be worth the fee? Or should I just stick to the internet and maybe some home parties.  Someone is hosting one for me in January!  Yay!

I'm tired now from my unproductive weekend. Time to go relax and unwind. If you are curious about "Blessings Unlimited" and would like to take a look at their stuff and perhaps order something for someone special in your life, for Christmas. Please click here! Thanks!

If you would like to check out P90X, Insanity, Shakeology, or any other Beachbody product, please click here! Thanks! Catch ya on the flip side!
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails