Monday, October 22, 2012

Cloudy with a Chance of Power Outages

I opened (or rather cracked open) my eyelids breifly. It was still way too early to even think about getting up. But something had woke me. My water bottle was close enough to reach but I made excuses why not to roll and grab it for a quick drink before falling back to sleep. Then, suddenly, it became nearly pitch black and all was silent. There was no hum of household electronics or the purr of the heating and air conditioning unit. I thought it odd but not enough to get me out of bed to investigate.

It was not until the sunlight touched the sky this morning that I realized the power was out...annoying but not usual around these parts. "Vacation day," the kiddos cheered. Yeah, no, I don't think so. Nice try, though. It is business as usual.

I am wondering if the rainy season has officially started. Generally, it saves itself for October 31st each year, but perhaps this time will be different. Hubs and I have a motorcycle ride planned for later in the week so I am hopeful the clouds will clear out and we will have beautiful weather for our excursion.

The power was restored not too late in the morning but still, gray loomed all around as raindrops fell on and off. This was mild compared to other places in our region, as I understand it. There was snow and tornadoes, this afternoon! What!? Thank you, Lord, that all I have had to deal with is precipitation and seven hours without power.

Do all things without grumbling or questioning. (Philippians 2:14.)

This is one I hear myself say to my children often. I guess the apples do not fall far from the tree and I should place a guard over my mouth more often. In all things, I should give thanks!

Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others. (Philippians 2:4.)

Hum, switching gears here, because that is what I do...jump from one thing to another in no time, flat! I am excited to come across this verse. I feel it is so easy to get wrapped up in the things that are right in front of my face and the stuff that demands my immediate attention that sometimes (or even often times) I forget to look past my own nose to those I love and call "family" and "friend"...to take "interest" in their day to day lives.

Praying tomorrow my attitude will be better!
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails