Sunday, October 28, 2012

God in the Not So Everyday


One hundred, eighty-seven miles by motorcycle. My idea of a SPLENDID time! Especially on a Suzuki GSXR. (And being I was not the operator...this time...but that's a post for another day.) Weight on my arms, now to my legs, I shift my feet on the pegs. This was going to be my routine the entire ride in an effort to keep pressure off of hubs' back and arms. "Wouldn't a cruiser be more comfortable for joy rides?" one might ask. Perhaps, but I love the "crotch rockets"! I am so in love with them, per say, I do not mind how uncomfortable the ride might get.


Each red light (and stop sign, for that matter) offers a moment of rest as we both sit up. Shake out the arms, ease the legs. The light prepares to turn green and we resume our rocketing positions. We hit the open road and lean into the turns. I cannot help thinking about Luke Skywalker and Leia on the speeder, racing through the forest, on the moon of Endor in Star Wars: Return of the Jedi. I am so relaxed as we pass through Toyon to Angels Camp, I could fall asleep.


The temperature in the air suddenly changes as we reach the higher altitude and Arnold. Trees line the road and I am reminded of Big Sur and Big Bear Mountain. How fun would it be to rent a cabin in the woods with a fireplace! We pass quaint establishments on a picturesque highway and stop at the Giant Burger Soft Serve Ice Cream joint (before heading back home). Would this place count as a diner, drive-in, or dive? We capture the attention of some patrons seated outside when we pull in. I reckon they like the bikes.


Truly a magnificent day! The adventure, the diversion, the wind against my body like free falling tandem to another human being while barreling toward the earth! But, most importantly...the wonderful time spent with incredible companions! The other couple with whom we traveled are absolutely a blessing to know and I am thankful for our time together!

And all who believed were together and had all things in common. 45 And they were selling their possessions and belongings and distributing the proceeds to all, as any had need. 46 And day by day, attending the temple together and breaking bread in their homes, they received their food with glad and generous hearts, 47 praising God and having favor with all the people. And the Lord added to their number day by day those who were being saved. (Acts 2:44-47. ESV.)
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails