Thursday, October 04, 2012

My Father...Is Greater Than All

My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. (John 10:27 ESV)

This is one of my favorite verses. Have you ever just let the words of scripture wash over you? A pastor once mentioned something about God singing. His statement of this has stuck with me for years so I finally looked it up...tonight. It is Zephaniah 3:17 which says,
The Lord your God is in your midst,
a mighty one who will save;
he will rejoice over you with gladness;
he will quiet you by his love;
he will exult over you with loud singing.
(Zephaniah 3:17 ESV)
And was God singing as He was walking through the Garden of Eden that day when Adam and Eve were hiding from Him? I cannot help but wonder, "What does He sound like? Does He have a beautiful voice or is He just able to carry a tune?" To what can it be compared? The gentle rustle of the leaves as wind blows softly through the trees? The soft yet powerful crash of waves against a shore. How about a chorus of exotic birds early each morning in Sydney, Australia? Those are sounds that comfort me. Is my Father's voice in there somewhere?

Recently, I was telling someone why I love grappling (when I am training in MMA). As my brother and I were growing up, we would wrestle. Nothing serious. We did not have any sort of training. It was simply a who could beat who thing. As we got older and he got taller, it became more difficult for me to tackle him. But once the "fight" went to the floor, I felt I could usually get the better of him. (Or maybe he was letting me win.) My point here is, grappling reminds me of my brother and our playful childhood. It feels like "home", you know? Is there anything in your life that gives you that warm and fuzzy feeling?

His sheep know the Good Shepherd's voice. He will rejoice over them with gladness. He will quiet them with His love. He will exhalt over them with loud singing! Do you hear His voice?



(Photo Information)
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails