Thursday, October 11, 2012

Return of the 80's Dancing Queen

Who is the "80's Dancing Queen"? Actually, it is a "what". The name, is one I have affectionately given our (inherited) recreational vehicle (RV). Which we pulled out of storage Wednesday! Just in time, none the less, for a visit from someone very dear to me.


I, personally, LOVE this RV. It was free...sorry, it had to be said...it's from one of my favorite time periods---the FABULOUS 80's---and I swear I could/would leave my house tomorrow and live in it! It is so easy to clean, it is mobile, it does not come with an electric/gas bill or sewage/water bill! It has less issues than my current residence! For me, it is a dream! Does that sound bonkers?!


Bolt a satellite dish to the top, hang a big screen television on the wall (somehow) and it just might be "a dream" for my hubs (and kiddos) as well. I wonder if we can install a dishwasher in the kitchen area?


With all the new, fancy RVs, there are so many bells and whistles to be had. But I adore ours. Though I don't know if I would ever drive the thing! It's so huge, to me! And would most likely scare the wits out of me with its tendency to backfire! I have yet to hear it, THANKFULLY, but hubs says it sounds like a gunshot!  I think I would pee my pants!


It has it's own generator so we would not have to worry about power outages like where we live now. And, it is pet friendly! My dogs seem to cherish it nearly as much as I do.  Did I mention how the kiddos just cannot get enough of it (of course)?  It may not have "bedrooms" but it does have groovy bunk beds!


Oh give thanks to the Lord, for he is good;
for his steadfast love endures forever!
(1 Chronicles 16:34. ESV.)


Hold up! (Sound of a record player needle scratching off of a record.) Hum, what about doing laundry?  There is no room for a washer and dryer in here...not even the stackable kind. Hum.  And, no!  I am NOT going back to doing our clothes at the local laundry mat!


Why that particular name for this vehicle, by the way? The 80's part is probably obvious. But, "Dancing Queen" because of 1) the decal on the back and 2) the song that comes to mind by the group ABBA.


...giving thanks always and for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, (Ephesians 5:20. ESV.)
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails