Thursday, November 15, 2012

God and Father of All, Over All, Through All, and In All

Tuesday morning I spent 45 minutes in the car but had so many thoughts during that drive, it felt like half the day had gone.

For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven:
a time to be born, and a time to die;
a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted;

a time to kill, and a time to heal;
a time to break down, and a time to build up;

a time to weep, and a time to laugh;
a time to mourn, and a time to dance;

a time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together;
a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;

a time to seek, and a time to lose;
a time to keep, and a time to cast away;

a time to tear, and a time to sew;
a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;

a time to love, and a time to hate;
a time for war, and a time for peace.
(Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 ESV)

I do not have very many “weepy” days (or moments for that matter) but Tuesday (admittedly) I did. There is a bit going on around here…the most important of which was surgery, Tuesday, to remove the cancerous tumor in Sweet Pea’s leg. Overall I am told it went well although a muscle attachment was also taken which could affect motor skills. The doctors are confident they were able to get all of the cancerous tissue and Pea should now be “Cancer Free”! Praise God! I think they are doing one more chemo treatment just to make sure.

It was as though my cup runneth over. A flood of mixed emotions kept the tears coming at various times throughout the day…and not being able to spend this time with Pea and loved ones involved just made it that much harder.

…one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all. But grace was given to each one of us according to the measure of Christ’s gift. (Ephesians 4:6-7. ESV.

On this end, we are trying to find a good match, education wise, for the Little Chef. Up to this point, we were with a charter school we really liked. However, I feel for the next few grades, the kiddos need to adjust to not having me involved as much so they will be ready to work one on one with their teachers at the higher levels. The charter school we are currently trying does not quite seem to be the right fit for Little Chef so, the search continues and so do the challenges…but we’ll get through them.

Not to mention, the potential sale of our home has us unsure where we will be heading next. This additional element adds to the puzzle of which school to choose. Without funds for private school, we feel the charter school option is best.

Speaking of our house, an investor is interested in buying it, repairing the “builder issues” and then using it as a rental property. I feel that is EXACTLY what this cute, little place needs! Hubs now has his sights set on more square footage, preferably with some acreage. Presently, an accepted offer is a fabulous thing! Yet, it also means the clock begins and we could be moving in 30 days! Not unreasonable at all, of course…it just puts our “Moving Day” relatively close to Christmas. Without another residence lined up, this puts a pinch on things. But, I have no doubt all will work out splendidly…even if it is not quite what I might have in mind. God establishes my steps and I trust WHOLLY in Him! My Provider. My Protector. My Sovereign King.

Turn to me and be gracious to me,
as is your way with those who love your name.

Keep steady my steps according to your promise,
and let no iniquity get dominion over me.

Redeem me from man's oppression,
that I may keep your precepts.

Make your face shine upon your servant,
and teach me your statutes.

My eyes shed streams of tears,
because people do not keep your law.
(Psalm 119:132-136 ESV)
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails