Wednesday, November 07, 2012

It's Like This, and Like That, and Like This, and Uh...

Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. (1 Peter 5:8.)


Here I sit, (between doing loads of laundry, dishes, and cleaning) teaching math, language arts, science, history, art, etc. to the young bloods before being whisked away to after school activities...and where I return after a long day to write or read for a little bit before it is time to power down.


Yep, it is that time again! EGGNOG time! My kiddos LOVE the stuff (in moderation, of course)! Funny thing is though, before hubs I had never tasted the delightful, creamy, sugar filled, calorie packed, dessert beverage before! It is almost like a milk shake in a carton. I prefer it a little thicker where hubs likes his thinner. Add some nutmeg and maybe even a splash of rum...

Have you ever tried eggnog pie! If you haven't it is a fluffy, mouth watering, aromatic, guilty pleasure similar to the look and consistency of banana cream pie!


Ranch dressing with a touch of bitterness is just not my idea of a good thing. I have tried all grocery store brands (and then some) and the only soft, light, rich, flavorful one I have found only ships in bulk to restaurants! Boo. And then I found this one. I haven't tasted it it yet, but I have high expectations of it!


I have a gray hair (see it!?) that REFUSES to vacate the premises! What's worse, it has invited some friends to move in, too! Not to mention when the rest of my hair lays nicely, they stick up like neon signs drawing all kinds of attention to themselves...the stark white against dark brown! Sheesh! What's a girl to do?!

Keep your life free from love of money, and be content with what you have, for He has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you."
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails