Monday, November 26, 2012

Let Us Come Into His Presence with Thanksgiving

Each year, hubs and I have Thanksgiving dinner at our house with all of our children...until now! This time, the College Kid hosted at her place, I cooked and brought the turkey, and hubs took care of all the fixings.


While the other kiddos: the Second Born, Little Chef, and Little Leaguer watched movies by the glowing fire. The bright sunlight cascaded throught the vertical blinds into the apartment as we all sat down to eat. The College Kid even offered we could all eat outside on the balcony, if that was more comfortable. The mashed potatoes and candied yams melted in our mouths as the sweet corn and succulent turkey caused us to stuff ourselves until we were beyond full. Everything was washed down with either Egg Nog or Sparkling Cider (our family favorites this time of year).


Over the weekend, hubs took us to Carnegie SVRA where the Little Chef rode the quad (ATV), the Little Leaguer practiced on the 70 dirtbike, and I used Little Chef's 80 to prepare for the motorcycle safety class I want to attend (hopefully after the start of the new year) so I can get my "M" license. This time I mainly stuck to kick start, neutral to first, clutch, gas, go, clutch, break, stop...to get aquainted with the clutch. Yep, I stalled many times (but did not pop the clutch this time). I knew I was comfortable when I was ready to try shifting into second gear (which I did but forgot to let go of the clutch after shifting...der!)


I can already see a problem developing here. Speed! I am certain once I do not fear the motorcycle anymore (street, not dirt) then I will want to go fast...then faster. I think hubs would love it if I was a dirtbike gal...but I'm not. I have always had a love affair with street bikes. Infact, have already asked him if he will get me a motorcycle once I get my license. He said I can have the GSXR.


Oh come, let us sing to the Lord;
let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation!

Let us come into his presence with thanksgiving;
let us make a joyful noise to him with songs of praise!

For the Lord is a great God,
and a great King above all gods.

In his hand are the depths of the earth;
the heights of the mountains are his also.

The sea is his, for he made it,
and his hands formed the dry land.

Oh come, let us worship and bow down;
let us kneel before the Lord, our Maker!

For he is our God,
and we are the people of his pasture,
and the sheep of his hand.

Today, if you hear his voice,
do not harden your hearts,...
(Psalm 95:1-8 ESV)
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails