Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Nothing Without You, Lord!

I am so guilty of getting all wrapped up in the day to day that I forget or bypass what is TRULY important. For example, last night I was putting together a design for something and my first thought, my initial concept was without Christ or God or His word! Thankfully, before I finalized everything and processed it, I came to my senses. Where was God or His precious Son in the project on which I was working? Why in the world had I left out what is most important to me?

Someone once said to me, “I cannot believe people put their religion before everything else, even people!” How could I explain what God means to me? That He is not “religion”! That I love Him and Christ Jesus with all my heart, mind, body, and soul. Can love ever be adequately put into words…whether it is for a parent, child, or spouse? I think not.

But I also know it is not my responsibility or even ability to change hearts. I am simply called to spread the gospel of Jesus! Admittedly, it is hard not to become emotionally invested, though. Especially when it comes to individuals I love dearly and with whom I desire to spend an eternity.

I pray everything about me is a fragrance of Jesus…like the soft sweetness of a flower or the bold fullness of coffee.

But thanks be to God, who in Christ always leads us in triumphal procession, and through us spreads the fragrance of the knowledge of him everywhere. For we are the aroma of Christ to God among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing, to one a fragrance from death to death, to the other a fragrance from life to life. Who is sufficient for these things? For we are not, like so many, peddlers of God’s word, but as men of sincerity, as commissioned by God, in the sight of God we speak in Christ. (2 Corinthians 2:14-17. ESV.)

I pray for words that reach the depths of songs and the beauty of paintings to share You with the world, Lord, one person at a time.

I have started reading THE INTERESTING NARRATIVE OF THE LIFE OF OLAUDAH EQUIANO, OR GUSTAVUS VASSA, THE AFRICAN. He begins his booking stating,
People generally think those memoirs only worthy to be read or remembered which abound in great or striking events, those, in short, which in a high degree excite either admiration or pity: all others they consign to contempt and oblivion. It is therefore, I confess, not a little hazardous in a private and obscure individual, and a stranger too, thus to solicit the indulgent attention of the public; especially when I own I offer here the history of neither a saint, a hero, nor a tyrant. I believe there are few events in my life, which have not happened to many: it is true the incidents of it are numerous; and, did I consider myself an European, I might say my sufferings were great: but when I compare my lot with that of most of my countrymen, I regard myself as a particular favourite of Heaven, and acknowledge the mercies of Providence in every occurrence of my life. If then the following narrative does not appear sufficiently interesting to engage general attention, let my motive be some excuse for its publication. I am not so foolishly vain as to expect from it either immortality or literary reputation. If it affords any satisfaction to my numerous friends, at whose request it has been written, or in the smallest degree promotes the interests of humanity, the ends for which it was undertaken will be fully attained, and every wish of my heart gratified. Let it therefore be remembered, that, in wishing to avoid censure, I do not aspire to praise. (Pg. 32 & 33.)

To be continued...

(Photo Information.)
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails