Sunday, December 30, 2012

One Act of Righteousness Leads to Justification and Life for All

Somedays the writing I want to transfer to this page feels like Athena, ready to burst forth from Zeus' head. Not so much as a "splitting headache" but rather like a fullness and urgency. Yet, it does not spew or even flow evenly, sometimes. It stays trapped, building pressure...like a festering blister.

Fall in Love with Jesus

An excellent point was brought to my attention recently (a couple weeks ago). How easy is it to fall in love with God's servant, the one sharing Christ, instead of with Christ Jesus Himself?! I had to think about it for a moment. How many times have I gotten tied up in the ministry, wrapped up in "the church" (the people), or idolized the pastor instead of truly focusing on the Savior? I admit, it's a little clearer seeing some "churches" for what they stand for yet, much harder with others. Or perhaps a congregation (or its leaders) changes direction suddenly (from doctrinally sound, to not) and leaving is difficult...after relationships have been formed. But, I feel, the important thing is to be focused on Jesus! (Side note: I do not have any of the above mentioned with the current church I attend.)

The #9 ranked post on my site, currently, is a guest post by Carl Jones entitled, "Give Them Jesus". When it comes to doing just that, I believe GRACE is a HUGE part of it! My unbelieving loved ones are not interested or pleasantly receiving when/if I blurt out how the bible says the unforgivable sin is unbelief and hell is real! That does not go over well at all...(gee, I can't imagine why)!

Therefore, as one trespass led to condemnation for all men, so one act of righteousness leads to justification and life for all men. For as by the one man's disobedience the many were made sinners, so by the one man's obedience the many will be made righteous. Now the law came in to increase the trespass, but where sin increased, grace abounded all the more, so that, as sin reigned in death, grace also might reign through righteousness leading to eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. (Romans 5:18-21 ESV)

Jesus died for the sinner! He is beautiful, and wonderful, and truly worthy of our praise! He was fully God but became wholly man so he knows how we feel! He understands our struggles with the flesh! He gets it!!! He comprehends what it is like to be mad, tempted, hungry, sad, weary, hated, betrayed! He experienced it...all of it! The creator of the universe became His created! Doesn't that just blow you away?! It's breathtaking! ...humbling. ...unfathomable.

I adore Jesus! ...more than you, me, and/or anybody/anything else. And, those who love me, are not offended by it. They accept it...and either don't take it personally or believe me to be a nut (or "extreme" (because I prefer to read my bible everyday)). Either way, they realize it...(even if they don't like it or agree with it). And, those who have a heart for Jesus, rejoice with me!

8 Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as rubbish, in order that I may gain Christ 9 and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which comes through faith in Christ, the righteousness from God that depends on faith— 10 that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, 11 that by any means possible I may attain the resurrection from the dead. (Phillippians 5:8-11. ESV.)

(Photo Information.)
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails