Thursday, December 13, 2012

The Main Thing, is to Keep the Main Thing, the Main Thing

Christmas creeps nearer and the clock is ticking. T-minus days and counting before we move into our new place. The excitement swells in each of us as the beginning of a season is on the horizon. For me, it is one step closer to my ultimate goal...moving out of state. But, for each of us it is different. We started this week with the final walk through of our "new", rental house.

Next, came an evening of fellowship with newfound friends. That is a mystery to me, I live in the same town for eleven years and right when I am about to move, I make some fresh, fantastic acquaintances I hate to lose! For years it was a group of us, peas in a pod, amigos, partners in crime. One by one, the Lord moved members to seemingly all corners of the U.S. (and abroad). Out of the eleven or twelve of us from our women's bible study, few remain. And now, a changing of the guard...fellowship, with yet more wonderful ladies of faith!

One of the remaining "original" is getting ready to move to San Diego! But for now, I get to spend the dwindling days helping her pack and watching her kiddos...while I also (admittedly) enjoyed the fire place in their home! The younglings and I fell in love with Anakin Skywalker side by side with Padme as we watched "Star Wars: Episode Two" in their furnitureless livingroom.

Yet, most of my current time is spent packing (and unpacking). Given our rental home is so close (or close enough), I fill storage bins with our belongings and shuttle it to our soon to be residence! In just a few days, we will move our furniture and the bulk of our items into the place where we will be dwelling until our relocation to Texas (or where ever we happen to end up).

Finally, was AWANA (Approved Workmen Are Not Ashamed) and our last meeting before Christmas break! As an assistant in "Cubbies", my job (this time) was crafts! All of these little pieces had to be glued together before the little darlings returned from games to make something special for the holiday season.

Jesus said, "Truly, I say to you, there is no one who has left house or brothers or sisters or mother or father or children or lands, for my sake and for the gospel, who will not receive a hundredfold now in this time, houses and brothers and sisters and mothers and children and lands, with persecutions, and in the age to come eternal life. (Mark 10:29, 30 ESV)
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails