Saturday, December 22, 2012

T'was Two Days Until Christmas, and All Through the House...

The place we are renting has lovely stainless steel appliances...one of which is a convection oven which works a bit differently than a run of the mill, conventional oven found in track housing. The first night (thankfully not the first TIME) I used the convection oven, what I was cooking spilled to the bottom of it! Okay, it wasn't quite heart failure (like when you've lost your child, all the blood drains from your face, and you think your heart is going to stop!) but, it was definitely an "oh no!" moment!

Yikes! What to do? Dinner was already late as it was. After a brief cool down and attempted (first) clean up (which failed, by the way), preparation for supper resumed as usual. The next day, thankfully, I was able to get all of the mess from the floor of the oven. Phew, relief!

The young bloods are into spy gear and such. And what a perfect hide out to be had under the stairs! I have not ventured far past the door but the younglings have it stocked with all of their best spy items!

The soft light from the bulb gently warms the scented wax. As it puddles into the plate, the sweet fragrance of "Douglas Fir" floats through the air. Although we had not yet purchased our tree, we have been able to enjoy the delightful smell of Christmas filling our residence! Oh, so lovely!

And, no dinner would be complete without my precious, furred darlings begging for anything I am willing to drop as I get things ready. (I do not usually pass out people food goodies to the doggies, but that does not stop them from trying.) This is Syd sitting by the stove, giving me his "puppy dog eyes".

Okay, so I spoil my pooches. So what?! If this is as good as it gets for them, I want them to be as happy, healthy, and comfortable as possible!

For to us a child is born,
to us a son is given;and the government shall be upon his shoulder,and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
Of the increase of his government and of peacethere will be no end,on the throne of David and over his kingdom,to establish it and to uphold itwith justice and with righteousnessfrom this time forth and forevermore.The zeal of the Lord of hosts will do this.
(Isaiah 9:6, 7 ESV)

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails