Thursday, January 31, 2013

How to Deep Clean Your Home: Day Five

Kitchen: Day 2

My goals for today are to finish the kitchen and to address the formal living and dining room...and maybe the half bath (if time permits). I still have counter space to sanitize, the stove and baseboards to wipe down, floor to vacuum, and then mop. Oh, yeah, and a window to detail. So I am going to start there and work my way around and down to the floor.

Four hours later, the kitchen is FINALLY complete. (Though, admittedly, I did not clean out the refrigerator at this time.) Now, I am on to the formal areas. There is very little furniture in these rooms so they should not take very long. I am going to "fuzzy" brush along the crease between the ceiling and walls (like with the other rooms), "sweep" the walls (where I can reach...I am not able to "sweep" the vaulted ceiling), detail the windows and fixtures, wipe off the desks, armoire, and baseboards, sanitize the door nobs, light switch and socket plates, and vacuum.


Hubs wants to bring in the pool table from the garage, so I need to have this room ready for him by the time he gets home from work...so I might need to speed things up a bit. (Generally, slow and steady wins the race, for me...but I'll put a little oomph behind it so as to not be stressed later.) Actually, before I do that, the young bloods are waiting for their next school assignment, so I will get that for them, then lunch, and lastly, back to my project.

A couple hours pass and I realize I am quickly running out of time. I dust at the ceiling and wall level (as best as I can given my height) but do not get to detail anything. I did vacuum the carpet, though, so the pool table can be brought inside. There are some light fixtures and a fan that are WAY out of reach (even if I did bring in the ladder) and I am not about to try to get to them...perhaps someone with a cherry picker would have better luck...or a super long attachment.


I still have to get ready to leave the house and make dinner, so time is up for today. I place my cleaning rags, microfiber cloths, and sweeper pad in the washer/dryer so they will be ready again, tomorrow.


"A glad heart makes a cheerful face, but by sorrow of heart the spirit is crushed." (Proverbs 15:13 ESV.)
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails