Wednesday, January 30, 2013

How to Deep Clean Your Home: Day Four

Today for my cleaning workout, I will be focusing on the kitchen. I feel the kitchen is tedious because of all the cabinets and drawers. It is so tempting to cut corners or take short cuts but I am going to try and keep myself from doing that. Each of the drawers should be wiped out and cabinets vacuumed out if necessary.

Okay, I guess I should quit stalling and get started. Without further ado, I am going to begin, like yesterday, with the fuzzy brush and go along the crease between the ceiling and walls and down all corners of the room. Following, I will take my sweeper with microfiber pad and "sweep" the walls and ceiling to get rid of dirt and dust that has collected there.



I have removed the ruffle curtains to hand wash later. I was hoping I could just take them off the rod and launder them, but that does not look feasible, so hand washing it is. Before cleaning off the counter tops, I am going to use a wet microfiber cloth on the blinds and all cabinet doors. I will check inside cabinets to see if they need to be vacuumed out and I will detail the windows. There are four, so it is most likely going to take me longer than yesterday. The blinds and windows are pretty time consuming.






At, at least an hour into the windows, they are still not finished. As I continue to work on them, I have my table cloth in the dryer (just switched it over from the washer before I got going on the blinds) and the seat covers (for the benches under the windows) in the washer.

I have learned one of the tricks to housekeeping, is to not make it more difficult than it has to be. For example, on various days, the FlyLady would send out an email saying it was time to clean off the counter tops. She would tell each reader not to completely clear the entire work area but instead, move items over, clean, then replace them.

After four hours in the kitchen I had to stop to take one of the kiddos to an extracurricular activity. After which I wiped down all the cabinet doors and appliances. I am thinking I will be back at this room again tomorrow to sanitize counter tops, vacuum, and then mop...oh yeah, and I still have one more window to finish. Then, I will consider it all DONE!

Jesus said to him, “If you would be perfect, go, sell what you possess and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow me.” (Matthew 19:21. ESV.)
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails