Tuesday, January 29, 2013

How to Deep Clean Your Home: Day Three

Second Attempt

Good morning! So far things look to be moving a little smoother today so I am optimistic I will be able to get in some good cleaning time! Maybe I will even be able to make up a little bit for what I did not get accomplished, yesterday. I am still working on the downstairs portion but have decided to start with the family room instead of the formal living room and entry way.

The ceiling is lower in these rooms, thankfully, so I do not need to bust out the ladder. And, hubs repaired the vacuum cleaner, yay! I have started by placing all the blankets, throws, and pillow cases from the couch in to be laundered. I will be doing the same for the rugs that can go into the washer as well. Our large, shag, area one will just have to be vacuumed, though.

Ceiling to Floor

1. With my fuzzy brush (sorry I do not have a more technical name for it), I go along the crease between the ceiling and walls and down the corners of the room to knock down any cobwebs that might be present.


2. Using my flat sweeper (with microfiber pad/cover) I go over each of the walls, collecting any dust or dirt trapped on them. (The ceiling in this room is low enough for me to "sweep" over it as well. I had to move the bookshelf, to get the wall behind it. And, I am thinking I might want to at least rinse the microfiber covering before starting the next room.)




3. I consult my checklist to make sure I am meeting goals. Next, is cleaning the vents (mine are up high, not on the floor) and wiping down the ceiling fan. (For the vent I am using my vacuum cleaner w/ attachment. And, for the fan, I am using a damp microfiber cloth.



4. Continuing with the damp microfiber cloth, I wipe down the wood on the sliding glass door (I'll use my glass cleaner on the widows in a moment.), the wooden blinds, windowsills, the mantle, and around the fire place. (I'll come back and detail the glass and tile, later.)



The blinds and windows are taking the most time, so far. (I even did the outside of the windows.) I'm getting ready to do the panes in the sliding door then I am on to dusting the bookshelf (so I can store television accessories on it and get them off the floor). For the bookshelf (which I got at Ikea and totally adore...though I don't love dusting it) I used the vacuum cleaner w/ attachment first, and followed up with a damp microfiber cloth.


I have been at this for at least four hours and am almost finished. I still need to dust the television, detail the fireplace (glass and tile), wipe down the baseboards, sanitize the door knobs and light switch plates, vacuum the furniture (base and cushions), vacuum the floor, and finally mop. After which, I will officially call this room, DONE!


Rejoice always, 17 pray without ceasing, 18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18. ESV.)
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails