Monday, January 28, 2013

How to Deep Clean Your Home: Day Two

Happy Monday! It is time to get the cleaning workout started. For me, that means running to the store for some more cleaning supplies. (I left some at the old house and have run out of what I had here.) Being I botch the details sometimes, I did not plan ahead and pick up this stuff yesterday. So, I am stuck with doing it now. This, of course, puts a crimp in our already busy schedule for today.

Now (two hours later) that the supplies have been purchased and the kiddos are working away on school assignments, I can turn my attention to the project at hand. First, I have created a checklist for myself as an outline (and to be sure I hit those marks).

A bit of advice an acquaintance once gave me, is to start high and work my way down...ceiling to floor. So generally, that is what I do.

I have my fuzzy brush, on an extendable handle, to reach dust and cobwebs high up, and my micro fiber sweeper for getting dust off of the walls.

I am very quickly running out of time to work on my designated areas for the day, not to mention my vacuum cleaner has stopped working and is in need of repair. (I am hopeful hubs will be able to work his magic on it, tonight.)

While cleaning up Christmas decorations (yes, I know it is the end of January...but this is how we roll) in the formal living room, I find the pug has soiled the carpet. Argh! He is not even allowed in this room but it appears he had creeped past the pet fence and used our tree, ornaments, and "easy cleanup bag" as his own "indoor plumbing"! Yet another set back. I take off all the homemade items, glass balls, lights, and garland, bag the dry fir, and drag it out the front door. The Little Chef and Little Leaguer use the hose of the vacuum (which is still in working order) to suck up all the pine needles that escaped as I wrestled the thing out of the house.

Once all that is finished, I sit down for a quick bite to eat before shepherding the kiddos out to the car to shuttle us off to our extracurricular activities. My window of opportunity is closed to complete any items on my list. Though I would not call today a total bust, it definitely was not what I had planned...at all.

This is the day that the Lord has made;let us rejoice and be glad in it. (Psalm 118:24 ESV)
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails