Saturday, January 26, 2013

How to Deep Clean Your Home

After reading D and R Tabb's blogpost "18 Ways to Deep Clean Your Home", I thought to myself, why not blog through "deep" cleaning my house? I am ALWAYS looking for innovative ways to quickly and efficiently keep our residence spic and span (and, consequently, hubs happy)! Our new place is due for it anyway (given we've been in it over a month now and we have a Super Bowl party coming up). Side note: I'm not really a NFL fan...I'm a college ball gal, myself...but, hey, any reason to throw a soirée!

Being I only have a week until the gathering, I will have to do the important stuff first and the more intricate details later. Nothing like a little accountability to get the job done. Admittedly, I am not a lover of cleaning up after other people. It is a challenge for me but, as a Proverbs 31 wife, I feel it is my responsibility. God has blessed me with a wonderful family and they need my help staying organized, and well, hygienic. (They do have good hygiene, for the most part...but at times a little reminder is in order...like when there is a ball of dust and dirt trailing behind someone, like with Pigpen...just joking.)

I have this big idea now, while I am sitting (or more or less hiding out) in the corner at a local indoor children's play place. It is crazy crowded and quite loud! When it comes time to actually do the in depth labor of love, it might not seem like such a great idea. I also confess I just met with a local housekeeping service, on Thursday, for an estimate. They are pretty expensive! And, I do not really need the amount of help they provide. I just wanted an extra hand is all. We seem to struggle with keeping surfaces (i.e. table tops and counter space) clutter free (which drives hubs bonkers). It is other things like dirty shoes (or dog paws) on the white carpet, laminate, and/or tile flooring, soap scum, mildew, or hard water spots on the bathroom tile and/or glass shower enclosure, spills in the refrigerator, dirty clothes on the floor instead of in laundry baskets, excessive soiled dishes piled in the sink, etc. that gets my goat.

So, I guess come Monday (or maybe even tomorrow) I get started.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
...And who keeps me disciplined. I reckon it is like sticking to a workout. No pain, no gain and all that.

She perceives that her merchandise is profitable.
Her lamp does not go out at night.

She opens her hand to the poor
and reaches out her hands to the needy.

She looks well to the ways of her household
and does not eat the bread of idleness.

Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain,
but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.

Give her of the fruit of her hands,
and let her works praise her in the gates.
(Proverbs 31:18, 20, 27, 30, 31 ESV)
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails