Saturday, January 26, 2013

One Way

The clouds grazed the hill tops surrounding us. Maybe they were going to skirt around the riding site. As long as the sun was shining it was not a big deal. It kept the cold at bay...and was tolerable, I suppose.


Walking along the road, parking area, and campgrounds, one either slid or stuck to earth beneath the soles of his/her shoes. Mud caked onto boots, tires, and anything else it could reach. Catch and release....it gripped to a tire then flew through the air until coming to rest, "clunk," on a helmet, peg, plastic, etc.







"The quad is throwing rocks at me!" claimed the Little Chef.


"Actually, it's globs of mud," I replied.


The sky was a radiant blue until the hazy gray dipped down to touch us, blocking the sun in the process. Who turned off the heat? Die hard campers, determined to stay the weekend, pitched a tent. No amount of persuasion or manipulation could ever get me to tent camp in these conditions. (Staying in the RV on a frigid, wet weekend...been there, done that...even without the heater working!) But, there is just something about canvas oozing with puddles of rain and soil. Not my idea of sitting by the fireplace, snuggled up with a book (or writing an article), hot coffee sipping, goodness.


After several attempts (on rocks, stones, and tufts of grass) at freeing my R.M. Williams from the muck pasted on the bottom, I finally waved the white flag of surrender and carefully pulled them into hub's truck. Despite the less than preferable track status, I do believe a nice time was had by all.


One Way

Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. If you had known me, you would have known my Father also. From now on you do know him and have seen him."

Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? The words that I say to you I do not speak on my own authority, but the Father who dwells in me does his works. Believe me that I am in the Father and the Father is in me, or else believe on account of the works themselves. "Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever believes in me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do, because I am going to the Father.

"If you love me, you will keep my commandments. And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper, to be with you forever, even the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees him nor knows him. You know him, for he dwells with you and will be in you.

"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. Yet a little while and the world will see me no more, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live. In that day you will know that I am in my Father, and you in me, and I in you. Whoever has my commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves me. And he who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and manifest myself to him." Jesus answered him, "If anyone loves me, he will keep my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him. Whoever does not love me does not keep my words. And the word that you hear is not mine but the Father's who sent me.

"These things I have spoken to you while I am still with you. But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you.
(John 14:6, 7, 10-12, 15-21, 23-26 ESV)
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails