Monday, February 04, 2013

A Time to Be Born, and a Time to Die

I like the line in the movie "Hope Floats" that goes something like this, "Beginnings are scary, endings are usually sad,..."

When a life ends, it causes me to pause for little bit (and generally re-evaluate my own life). Ten months ago, my beloved uncle died. Yesterday (Sunday, February 3rd), it was my sister-in-law. For each, a flood of emotions washed over me and I was left sorting through them...closely examining each one to decide which to keep and which to toss away. My sister-in-law was ALWAYS kind to me. I love her for that and her goodness toward my children. (I once heard the College Kid say this particular aunt is her favorite.)

There are some considerable things, to me, to take into account when I am grieving the loss of someone. Most importantly, is the question, "Will I get to spend an eternity with this person?"

For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven:

a time to be born, and a time to die;
a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted;

a time to kill, and a time to heal;
a time to break down, and a time to build up;

a time to weep, and a time to laugh;
a time to mourn, and a time to dance;

a time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together;
a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;

a time to seek, and a time to lose;
a time to keep, and a time to cast away;

a time to tear, and a time to sew;
a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;

a time to love, and a time to hate;
a time for war, and a time for peace.
(Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 ESV)

For now, I have no answers. No responses for my questions. I am...restless.

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Matthew 5:9 ESV)
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails