Friday, February 01, 2013

How to Deep Clean Your Home: Day Six

I do not know how Julie Powell blogged through 524 recipes. I am only on day six of my writing through cleaning my house and I have to admit, I am feeling a little burnt out...but I still have to finish downstairs and do all of upstairs. How do housekeeping services complete a home in hours rather than days? Maybe they cut corners (but I am really trying hard to resist that temptation!)...or are so efficient at it they are super quick?

This is my life, in this season...schooling my kiddos, maintaining my home, and caring for my family as best as I can. Man, I look so boring on paper.

As the day progresses I come to terms with it being another day like Monday and nothing is going to get done. I vacuum a curtain in the formal living room and discover yet another area of the carpet where the pug has soiled it. I look up ways to get the smell and stain out. Nothing too complex, white vinegar, water, baking soda, peroxide, and dish soap. The solution (up through the baking soda) worked in getting rid of the scent, now I just need to finish the second part of it for the yellowing.

No sooner do I finish with that do I find the pug has vomited (in two places) on the large shag area rug in the family room. At this point it is difficult for me to hide my frustration. This is the room in which I worked so hard on Tuesday. Further, there is plenty of laminate flooring on which he could have done this but for some reason he goes straight for the rug EVERY TIME he coughs, gags, etc. The hours fly by.

Before I know it, time is up for today. (Do I say that every day?) I take the kiddos to an extracurricular activity, run by the grocery store, make dinner, help hubs with the pool table (after it is put back together), and fit in cleaning the half bath from ceiling to floor.


I STILL have the formal rooms to finish, the entryway and hall downstairs, and all of upstairs. But, I'm tired now.

But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh. For the desires of the flesh are against the Spirit, and the desires of the Spirit are against the flesh, for these are opposed to each other, to keep you from doing the things you want to do. (Galatians 5:16, 17 ESV)
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails