Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Homeschooling Resources: Animaniacs

Say what?! Yes, you read that correctly. I said, "Animaniacs".

When I was in elementary school (before Animaniacs), my music teacher taught us a song about the 50 United States. To this day I can STILL recite them in alphabetical order. The lyrics are burned into my brain, whether I want them there or not!

Animaniacs, similarly, has catchy tunes about things like the states and capitals and presidents (in order of presidency), etc. Not to mention poems about historical events such as the ride of Paul Revere. Sure, a lot of the show is slapstick humor, like "Looney Tunes" however with a witty, sometimes educational twist.

The States and Capitals

The Presidents (in order of Presidency)

The Nations (Territorites)
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails