Friday, March 22, 2013

In His Hand is the Life of Every Living Thing

Do you ever watch "reality" t.v. (television)? It is my opinion it's not really "real" but rather "scripted" or "enhanced". Hubs finds "Duck Dynasty" entertaining...okay, sometimes I watch it, too. It's comical, fun, playful, dramatic, sarcastic, touching, goofy, and engaging. (Not to mention they close each show with prayer.) But if that is "reality" then my life pales drastically in comparison!

My children are not as obedient and easy going as theirs. I can not work with or for my spouse. I am not always pleasantly agreeable. (At times I struggle with my sin of anger, irritability, or annoyance.) I definitely do not regularly look glamorous. (Generally, my hair is in a pony tail or messy bun. I prefer jeans and "Ugg" like shoes or comfy dresses with flip flops. Sometimes I wear makeup but not much, usually. I opt for simple, au naturel, girl next door, airy, comfort. Perhaps, in Hollywood terms, boring.)

I do not have a team of writers, producers, censors, or directors guiding the way each day plays out. But, I do have God, the creator and author of my existence! To me, my being is a work in progress. To Him, it is a complete, perfected, work.

In his hand is the life of every living thing
and the breath of all mankind.
(Job 12:10 ESV)

...the God in whose hand is your breath, and whose are all your ways... (Daniel 5:23 ESV)

The God who made the world and everything in it, being Lord of heaven and earth, does not live in temples made by man, nor is he served by human hands, as though he needed anything, since he himself gives to all mankind life and breath and everything. And he made from one man every nation of mankind to live on all the face of the earth, having determined allotted periods and the boundaries of their dwelling place, that they should seek God, in the hope that they might feel their way toward him and find him. Yet he is actually not far from each one of us, for

"'In him we live and move and have our being';
as even some of your own poets have said,

"'For we are indeed his offspring.'
(Acts 17:24-28 ESV)

...he disciplines us for our good, that we may share his holiness. (Hebrews 12:10 ESV)

He is with me, always! If I were a show, song, or a movie, I would have to have a "hook", something to draw in (and keep) an audience. But I am me...and I have God (and His Son). He is my provider, protector, all powerful, and in my corner!

For it was fitting that he, for whom and by whom all things exist, in bringing many sons to glory, should make the founder of their salvation perfect through suffering. For he who sanctifies and those who are sanctified all have one source. That is why he is not ashamed to call them brothers, Since therefore the children share in flesh and blood, he himself likewise partook of the same things, that through death he might destroy the one who has the power of death, that is, the devil, and deliver all those who through fear of death were subject to lifelong slavery. For surely it is not angels that he helps, but he helps the offspring of Abraham. Therefore he had to be made like his brothers in every respect, so that he might become a merciful and faithful high priest in the service of God, to make propitiation for the sins of the people. For because he himself has suffered when tempted, he is able to help those who are being tempted. (Hebrews 2:10, 11, 14-18 ESV)
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails