Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Knock and the Door will be Opened to You

7 “Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. 8 For everyone who asks receives, and the one who seeks finds, and to the one who knocks it will be opened. 9 Or which one of you, if his son asks him for bread, will give him a stone? 10 Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a serpent? 11 If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask him! (Matthew 7:7-11. ESV.)

I am a believer in "doors"... not the Jim Morrison kind, but the ones the Lord opens and/or closes. It is the path that becomes apparent when one is waiting and watching...as I have been for years. Each season is different. I find myself hanging out, having to be patient as I await the next "door to open". And generally, I have to say, it is very clear...no "ifs", "ands", or "buts" about it.

As He does, God has revealed a "door" and in pure "Brook" fashion, I have not merely moseyed up to and beyond its threshold but bolted and busted through. I do not pussyfoot around when it comes to making a move. I feel most of the time God has me "be still" so when a way is made visible, I do not hesitate.

For a while now I have been praying, earnestly seeking something...a means, a "freedom" if you will, a mode, a method. Then, Monday (I believe it was), there it was! The passage! I am not quite ready to give all the details, yet. But a new direction has been given and I am perusing it! It is a multistep process and the next step should be coming up relatively soon...involving further training.

Saying I am excited is an understatement. I am downright STOKED! Thank you heavenly Father for hearing my prayer and answering.

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. (Jeremiah 29:11 ESV)
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails