Monday, March 18, 2013

Time Marches Onward

As I tripped down memory lane this morning, and stubbed my toe, I realized time waits for no one. It presses ever forward whether I am willing to keep up or not! It is impartial, unforgiving, and sometimes just down right, blatantly rude! But that is the nature of it. And, I must say, I am SO incredibly thankful for the camera that allows us to snap moments of it to cherish for many years to come...though time itself has moved onward.

Like everything else in this world, time is a creation of God. It, of course, treats Him better than the rest of us...but is that not the way it ought to be, indeed? Quite so! The Beginning and The End does not answer to it! Maybe that makes me (and some others) a little jealous. There is something to be said for the notion of "time travel". But, as I have to remind myself, now and then, God's timing is perfect!

The book of Ecclesiastes even mentions there is "a time for everything".
For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven:
a time to be born, and a time to die;
a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted;

a time to kill, and a time to heal;
a time to break down, and a time to build up;

a time to weep, and a time to laugh;
a time to mourn, and a time to dance;

a time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together;
a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;

a time to seek, and a time to lose;
a time to keep, and a time to cast away;

a time to tear, and a time to sew;
a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;

a time to love, and a time to hate;
a time for war, and a time for peace.
(3:1-8 ESV)
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails