Saturday, May 04, 2013

Let Your Reasonableness be Known to Everyone

I have not quite known what to write this week. It has been a little crazier than usual. First (and foremost), the end of the school year is nearly upon us. Trying to keep the kiddos (let alone myself) focused is getting challenging. The days have been so deliciously hot and the pool so inviting. Visions of countless hours on the beach scroll through my mind. (Perhaps I'll get a new swim suit this year.)

Secondly, the Little Leaguer had state testing spanning over a couple days. (Tuesday, I actually found myself with a couple of hours of "me" time as the Little Chef was also gone, in the learning center. So, I did chores. Lame!)

Third, we had dear, old friends over on Wednesday for a few hours, and another set of companions returned after living out of state for a year! (Did I mention I currently hang out with three different groups of wonderful people?! Three to four days a week is with one set, two days with another, and one with a third! All fantastic, fun, incredible individuals! I was stuck in such a rut for so long!...but not anymore!)

Fourth, one of my beloved children needed me. The Second Born had something fall through and sought me out for guidance. (What to do? So many choices.) And, I have to say, it feels so good to be "needed". As a parent, I am there for my children, just as my God is there for me.

Or which one of you, if his son asks him for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a serpent? If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask him! (Matthew 7:9-11 ESV)

(Further, did I mention my allergies have been off the hook?!)

Now, it is the weekend again and you know what that means? Yep, little person party time...friends, and swimming, and sleep overs...oh my! But, before that, I am going to workout! I missed two martial arts, one kickboxing, and an MMA lesson over the past five days! Time for a Saturday, make up class! Sorry, kiddos, no fun until after mama gets her sweat on!

She dresses herself with strength
and makes her arms strong.
(Proverbs 31:17 ESV)

Thank you, Lord, for keeping me sane!

Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:4-7 ESV)
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails