Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Mother's Day Weekend in Pictures

Saturday: Dirt Bike Riding


We were invited to try out a new riding location (well, it was "new" to us).  Every time we got directions on where to go and how to get there (even just to the "staging area"), they were vague.  There was no indication of how many miles it was from where we were to where we wanted to go...nothing!  And this picture is of the road we took (in a truck (without all wheel drive!) towing a trailer) just to get to a site to unload the bikes.


The boxer...


...and pug (of course) came with us!  They love riding in the car and being in the great outdoors!


The outhouse was the only toilet (aside from trees and bushes) for miles around!

On their last ride for the day, hubs, his friend, the Little Chef, and the Little Leaguer were gone for at least an hour and a half.  As the sun started to set, I began to worry a little.  What was my plan of action going to be if they were not back before it got too dark?


This was the last place I had seen them.  There was a camping area up the dirt road a bit and if my crew did not return one hour before official "sunset", I was hiking there to send people out to try and find them!  As I was looking up "sunset" for that particular day, my crew returned.  Praise God!  They were tired, muddy (having gotten stuck a number of times in it), and so ready to go home!

Sunday: Santa Cruz

Mother's Day, we were at it again.  Not fully recovered from the day before, we slept in a tad then headed for the ocean!


We started with lunch on the pier just across from the boardwalk.


I had with me hubs and three out of our four children.  (Lunch was at a placed called "Woodies Cafe" on the wharf.)

One of my treats for the day was a Coca-Cola in the (glass) bottle.  There is something so crisp and refreshing about it...though really unhealthy.  My second dessert was a delectable "cookies and cream" caramel apple (sliced) from Marini's Candies.


I love buying sock monkeys for Sweet Pea.  I try to get them from various places and include a picture of where they are from.  This is Pea's new friend from Santa Cruz.

Isn't it cute?!  I just love the stripes and button eyes!


After lunch and the candy shop, we settled on the sand near the "Santa Cruz Dream Inn".  I sat gazing at the water, boats, and Monterey (way across the bay) as the kiddos splashed in the waves, frolicked, built creations, and dug holes.

(Municipal Wharf, Santa Cruz)

All in all, it was a beautiful day.  We randomly ran into some friends (when we were heading back to the truck to feed the meter).  The breeze was gentle and warm to keep us comfortable, yet cool to chase off the heat of the beating sun.  There was not a menacing cloud in the sky.  The kiddos were well behaved and played nicely together.  It was simple, relaxing, and wonderful.  No stress...and no drama.  Truly, it was a blessing.  I thank you, Lord, for that day and my family.

For His invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse. (Romans 1:20. ESV.)
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails