Tuesday, May 07, 2013

What Matters Most?

History? The future? Real life? Social networks? Politics? People? Faith? Money? Fame? Fortune? The pursuit of happiness or an art? What is most important? Business? Family? Health? Fitness? Fashion? (I suppose it is all relative.). What makes a difference to you?

Some bloggers focus on celebrity news. Others on world news. And then there are individuals who feel "bloggers" are not journalists nor of any consequence. I looked up the top rated blogs and took note of their contents. Where would mine fit in to the mix?

It doesn't.

Mine, is rated in the millions. Nowhere near popular enough to make a dent or hold any weight...or does it? Even if ONE, single life is changed because of it, makes all the difference!
Just so, I tell you, there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who need no repentance. (Luke 15:7 ESV)

What is the next big thing?! If I do interviews on here with the rich and famous, will that bring in readers? What do actors, philanthropists, socialites, and the wealthy have that Jesus does not?! The Son of man was well known, though highly debated (and still is)!
"There was again a division among the Jews because of these words. Many of them said, "He has a demon, and is insane; why listen to him?" Others said, "These are not the words of one who is oppressed by a demon. Can a demon open the eyes of the blind?"" (John 10:19:21. ESV.

My prime focus here is Jesus! Because, I feel "the main thing is to keep the main thing, the main thing". You dig? So, I may not appeal to everyone. I might even offend a few. I am not going to have the latest gossip. But I'll tell you what, once God calls your heart and you get a taste of Jesus, you are going to crave and hunger for Him like nobody's business! Trust me, I've been there, done that, and bought a few shirts. God and Jesus satisfy like none other. They fill you up until your cup runneth over...and then some. Your life will be abundant! You will have the "joy, joy, joy, joy, down in [your] heart" and peace that surpasses all understanding (Philippines 4:7, ESV).

Finally,...whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. What you have learned and received and heard and seen in me—practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you. (Philippians 4:8, 9 ESV)
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails