Monday, July 01, 2013

Do Everything in the Name of the Lord Jesus

Good golly, Miss Molly! I made the decision to go back to school, thinking it was going to be a simple task (to start taking classes). Yet, to my dismay (and frustration), it is far more demanding than I imagined! And, I have been so far out of the loop (after 15 years) when it comes to this stuff. Where is a counselor when one is needed?

I have gone from applying at the local community college (but then fearing not all of my hard earned credits will transfer when it comes time), to asking around about the University of Phoenix (thinking if I just stay in one place all the way through for my Bachelor's Degree that will make things easier for me), to looking up the top 25 online colleges and picking the cheapest out of them. I just do not have the time to take away from my family to go sit in a classroom at this time...so, virtual it is, then.

Without having a job (and not being in the workforce for as long as it has been) I have to apply for financial aid, loans, and grants. That, too, is not as straight forward as one might assume. But, if 18 and 19 year olds can do it, so can I, right?. Not to mention I should hope all of my life experience thus far will help when it comes to being considered for a spot at an institution.

I initially desired to begin the process and get some credits under my belt before the end of summer but it appears I will not get going until August, at the soonest. This most likely means the kiddos and I will all be adjusting to our new school schedules at the same time...eek! On top of that we are still training in the martial arts and I am aiming to become an instructor and have enough knowledge and practice to open our own location (under the same business name and method) once we move. It sounds like a lot in the next two years but I am confident I can do it without getting too overwhelmed. I guess we'll see.

No matter what, I have to keep in mind, at the end of the day everything is going to go as God has orchestrated. He has placed the passion within me, the drive, the perseverance, the faith, and He will take care of the rest. I know some might say, "How obnoxious!" But truly, that is what I believe.

So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God. (1 Corinthians 10:31 ESV)

I am thankful for the opportunity, for a second chance to get my degree and maybe go to law school! I have to be honest, though, I have considered just getting my certificate in paralegal studies and saving myself the agony of at least seven years of studies. But, the bottom line is, I want the choice to go to law school at the end of it all.

And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him. (Colossians 3:17 ESV)
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails