Monday, July 15, 2013

Do Not be Dismayed

I love to write...I always have. Unfortunately, I do not believe it will ever amount to anything...but that is okay.

Lanie: Ten years, I've been keeping [dead people in the morgue] company, while they spend a night or two here on their way to where we're all going. They all had plans, Kate. Things they were going to do when they got around to it. Go on a cruise, lose ten pounds, fall in love. They thought they had all the time in the world. But, nobody does. ("Castle". Episode 81 "The Limey". Original air date 04/02/2012.)

I believe it is safe to say, I have been able to do many wonderful things in this vapor of a life and do not feel I have missed out on anything...okay, maybe one thing (but one day, maybe). For the most part, though, I am truly blessed and fulfilled.

As I continue to plug away at getting registered and enrolled in a college, I remain optimistic and driven. The full picture is in my mind but the pieces are still coming together. There are a few questions, however, 1. How much is financial aid going to cover? 2. Is my business in Texas going to be successful enough to make up the difference and then some? 3. How am I going to be able to pay off all student loans? 4. Is my Beachbody business going to pick up enough to help me out with some costs? (I am going for my Bachelor's in business, so that should assist in growing each.)

The unknown is always bothersome...whether it is about school, life, finance, health, safety, etc. But, I can rest assured God has it all sorted out. He goes before and paves the way.

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go." (Joshua 1:9 ESV)

Though this process is a bit tedious, I am thankful beyond measure for the opportunity!

Whom have I in heaven but you?
And there is nothing on earth that I desire besides you.
My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
(Psalm 73:25, 26 ESV)
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails