Friday, July 19, 2013

I Do Not Cease to Give Thanks for You, Remembering You in My Prayers

I had a sad thought, today. Surprisingly, it has never crossed my mind, really, until now. Once my younger kiddos are grown (or even in high school...I remember when my older ones were in high school) they will not want to go places with me much anymore (or have me linger around while with their amigos) and I will be alone---though not to be confused with lonely. You see, my world currently revolves around my children. I have been a stay at home mom for going on six years now and have devoted so much to the health and well being of my crew.

Not to mention, they are going to outgrow some of the things I take them to do to keep them busy (like playing at the park and Chuck E. Cheese's). I asked the Little Chef for some ideas and one suggestion was, "the skate park"! Good one! I guess I better invest in pads and new helmets for them...and find one in a good area. Hubs says they will start hanging out with their friends more. Which, they already have me running all around so they can meet up with their posse...like today, I took them to catch up with two of their friends for a bit---same as yesterday.

I suppose it is good I am working on going back to get my degree. (The College Kid and Second Born are out on their own---though they still need assistance from time to time---and I rarely see them.) Hence, the less my younglings need me, the more I should pour into the "empty nest" season of my vapor of a life. Law school, then who knows what. Much of the same, just by myself...I do not really have a specific friend that wants to spend time with me each day. I imagine I will meet one (or an old one will resurface) when it is time. That is usually the way God orchestrates things...in His perfect timing and not a moment too soon. Right now, I have a few sets of friends with whom I socialize (in group settings) each week. Various weekdays it's those with whom I train in martial arts, on Sunday (and Wednesdays during AWANA season) it is my church family, and Fridays (though it is ending) it is the spouses (and supporters) of hubs' softball team. All of whom are so much fun to be around!

There are times when I think I want to be alone but truth be told, I am social and prefer to be around others. When my kids were very young, I had a ladies bible study with whom I participated most days, every week. Sunday I saw them at church, Wednesday was AWANA, Tuesday or Thursday morning was bible study, we did outings together (went to the zoo, fed the ducks, picnics, etc.), I think there was one other day but I cannot remember it off the top of my head. We were a big group...15 ladies and about 38 children (and that's not counting all of them). (Funny story: One time my friend and I did a 5k walk (or something like it) and brought her four, two of mine, and I was babysitting our friend's three...so us and nine young bloods. We were asked if were a daycare service! But that was par for the course!) What sweet memories I have from those days!

But God is a mover and a shaker! Seven of us (of which I know) have moved, three out of state and four in state...leaving eight. That really shook things up in the beginning. Now, I think we are used to it...though still sad to see each lady and her family go. Like fallen leaves, those days have blown passed. New ladies bible study teams (and friendships) have formed.

I do not cease to give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers, that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give you a spirit of wisdom and of revelation in the knowledge of him, having the eyes of your hearts enlightened, that you may know what is the hope to which he has called you, what are the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, and what is the immeasurable greatness of his power toward us who believe, according to the working of his great might that he worked in Christ when he raised him from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly places, far above all rule and authority and power and dominion, and above every name that is named, not only in this age but also in the one to come. And he put all things under his feet and gave him as head over all things to the church, which is his body, the fullness of him who fills all in all. (Ephesians 1:16-23 ESV)

To Tania, the most recent to depart as God has called her and her family. I love you and miss you, lots! May the Lord bless and keep you on your new adventure, together!
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails