Wednesday, July 03, 2013

I Do Not Run Aimlessly; I Do Not Box As One Beating the Air

Hum, I forgot how many hoops through which one has to jump in order to go from holding a high school diploma to earning a college degree. The other day, it was federal financial aid forms to fill out. Today, it was contacting my former high school and the original university I attended (many moons ago) to get copies of transcripts. What?! Can't I just fill out an application, submit a résumé, supply three references, and call it a day? I guess not.

I filed my transcript request with the district office (since I graduated so long ago) and I guess tomorrow I will need to follow up with the old college just to make sure they have received my inquiry. Next, I will have to finish applying for grants and loans. I certainly cannot afford all of this right now. So much for paying cash for everything.

I am so excited to be beginning a new season! (And as I write this a cricket just whizzed through the air past my head. Good thing I leaned or it very well could have hit me directly in the face! I had caught one last night, in the house, and placed it in the bearded dragon's habitat...hoping she would wake to enjoy a scrumptious treat. But now I am wondering, "Did that crafty bugger escape and make its way back to the family room?")

Where was I before I was interrupted? Oh, yes, "a new season". An education, moving to Texas, getting into the martial arts business, training with my children so they can help me teach and perhaps one day run the studio, attend law school after the kiddos gradate high school, and begin anew. A fresh state, a newfangled job, an invigorating next step in this life (James 4:14).

I was trained up in the way I should go. I worked in the field of dance (fine arts), traveled, got married, was a court appointed child advocate, raised young ones, and will one day be an attorney (or paralegal)! Truly, I am blessed!

Every athlete exercises self-control in all things. They do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we an imperishable. So I do not run aimlessly; I do not box as one beating the air. But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified. (1 Corinthians 9:25-27 ESV)
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails