Monday, July 29, 2013

In Your Book Were Written, the Days That Were Formed for Me

The church softball team is short some players...so I said I will fill in if necessary so they will not have to forfeit a game (due to a lack of females on the team). The problem with this, I have NEVER played before! Which is fine when it comes to the rules (because they are all funky anyway) but it also spreads to hitting, catching, and throwing.

Last Monday, was my first game! As the alternate, I showed up hoping everyone was present and for which accounted...I had a date with the drive in movies! Not the case, infact. They were two females down. One was on her way and two others had not yet arrived. So, I ran to a local gas station to make a copy of my driver's license, signed a waver, and was officially placed on the roster.

But, I am getting a little ahead of myself. Monday...and then a bit of Tuesday...was a tad crazy. Our days seem to fill up, no matter the season---summer, fall, winter, or spring---with invitations to play dates, camping, museums, ball games, working out, etc. And at the end of the day, I sit exhausted...sipping on a glass of wine.

This past weekend seemed stretched out. I suppose it felt that way because we took Friday to go to the beach. And, yes, it was cold and overcast as usual around here. Santa Cruz is usually sunny and pretty warm, and I have never been to Half Moon Bay, but Ocean Beach, Stinson, and Bodega Bay were each the same.

Saturday, we attended a Brazilian Jiu-jitsu tournament. I did not compete this time...maybe the next one. But, I did come to the realization I need to be more well rounded. The submissions I saw were the same but the point system and take downs were different than that of Shootfighting (the Japanese form of MMA in which I train). I feel I need to be as prepared as possible and know as much as obtainable about how my opponent is going to fight.

My frame was not hidden from you,
when I was being made in secret,
intricately woven in the depths of the earth.

Your eyes saw my unformed substance;
in your book were written, every one of them,
the days that were formed for me,
when as yet there was none of them.

How precious to me are your thoughts, O God!
How vast is the sum of them!
If I would count them,
they are more than the sand.
I awake, and I am still with you.
(Psalm 139:15-18 ESV)
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails