Thursday, August 08, 2013

Give Her of the Fruit of her Hands

The summer is quickly coming to a close. Today, I am up against a deadline and not sure if I will make it under the wire. I sit at the desktop and search through "open" courses in which to enroll. Being I was late deciding to return to college, get through the process, and that today is the last day, pickings are super slim. I called my advisor's office this morning but being she is in a different time zone, I most likely reached her at lunch time. I left a message.

A second call and one email later, I had her on the phone and she was approving, denying, and assisting me with my schedule. A few quick clicks on her computer (which had taken a multitude on mine) and all I had left to do was pay for the classes to keep them. As I worked to fill out the online forms I soon discovered there was a glitch. I only had until midnight then I was going to get dropped from the courses I need to meet my degree requirements! I called the number provided but all she could do was put a hold on my list so I could contact billing tomorrow! "Okay," I said, "And you're sure I won't get dropped at midnight?!" She assured me all would be fine. "I'll try one more time, too," I said. This time, no hitch. Yes!

Human Biology
Experiences in Biology Lab
World Geography
Modern World Civilization
General Logic

Now it is buying books, etc. and oh, did I mention 12 credits transferred from my first attempt at all of this MANY (x 3) years ago?!

English Comp I
English Comp II
MUS 161
HIST 131

T-minus four days until my schedule TOTALLY explodes. The kiddos go back to school on Monday, and the week following that...it's my turn. Every moment of each day is going to be filled with either studying, training/ extra curricular activities, supporting my fitness groups, working out, or driving from point A to point B. (Not to mention caring for my family and chores!)

But, I am so thankful for all of it!

She considers a field and buys it;
with the fruit of her hands she plants a vineyard.

She perceives that her merchandise is profitable.
Her lamp does not go out at night.

Strength and dignity are her clothing,
and she laughs at the time to come.

She opens her mouth with wisdom,
and the teaching of kindness is on her tongue.

Give her of the fruit of her hands,
and let her works praise her in the gates.
(Proverbs 31:16, 18, 25, 26, 31 ESV)
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails