Tuesday, August 13, 2013

O Men of Blood, Depart From Me

I love my family and friends! Truly, I am blessed! And, above all, Lord, is You who I love with all my heart!

And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.' (Mark 12:30 ESV)

Oh that you would slay the wicked, O God!
O men of blood, depart from me!
They speak against you with malicious intent;
your enemies take your name in vain!
Do I not hate those who hate you, O Lord?
And do I not loathe those who rise up against you?
I hate them with complete hatred;
I count them my enemies.
(Psalm 139:19-22 ESV)

I echo the Psalmist's words, "Oh men of blood, depart from me," I pray! "Your enemies take your name in vain! I hate them with complete hatred; I count them my enemies." Lord, you know my heart. You know my "enemies", and Yours. But try as they might, they cannot touch me! You are in my corner! You are for me, who then can stand against me? NO ONE! No matter how proud!

Search me, O God, and know my heart!
Try me and know my thoughts!
And see if there be any grievous way in me,
and lead me in the way everlasting!
(Psalm 139:23, 24 ESV)

Your adversary taunts me and calls me names. The words are meant to tear me down, make me doubt my sanity, my health, my character. "Oh serpent, your venom cannot harm me, you fool! Try as you might, I am a daughter of the King!"

O Lord, you have searched me and known me!
You know when I sit down and when I rise up;
you discern my thoughts from afar.
You search out my path and my lying down
and are acquainted with all my ways.
Even before a word is on my tongue,
behold, O Lord, you know it altogether.
You hem me in, behind and before,
and lay your hand upon me.
Such knowledge is too wonderful for me;
it is high; I cannot attain it.
(Psalm 139:1-6 ESV)

Do not allow the mouth of the snake to open against me anymore. Silence the flicking of the tongue and poison words. Give me strength (and self control) to stand in silence and allow the hater to reveal true colors to all. Keep the helmet of salvation tight on my head so nothing can penetrate to my mind. Loosen the coils of control. Steady my grip on the "shield of faith to extinguish all the flaming darts of the evil one" and his servant. Thank you, Sovereign Father, for my loved ones! "O men of blood, depart from me!" Now!

Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand firm. Stand therefore, having fastened on the belt of truth, and having put on the breastplate of righteousness, and, as shoes for your feet, having put on the readiness given by the gospel of peace. In all circumstances take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming darts of the evil one; and take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God, (Ephesians 6:13-17 ESV)
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails