Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Teach Them Diligently

The tides have changed...and I'm not quite sure what I think about it. The most difficult decision has been made to transfer the young bloods from "independent study" (homeschooling), with me, to a private school. Why, exactly? Well, it all just sort of fell into place, so to speak. It was not MY plan! Mine was to continue as usual...keep marching along to the beat of our own drum. I would teach them and do my own work, too, during our instruction hours. But, Monday, revealed something different entirely.

I met with their assigned "teacher". All was going according to plan...until a redirection of attitude was in order. There it was! The hurtle, the blockade, that hindered student from instructor. Those words...out of the overflow of the heart, "I can't do it! I won't do it!" The year had not even begun and already there was push back from them! "Nope! I am not going to tolerate it." So, I contacted my friend who (as God would have it) now works at a local private school.

There is room for new students. I should come for a tour. Which, we did. And, amazingly enough, it is the same school at which we looked when the Little Chef was going into Kindergarten. What does all of this mean?! So many correlations. Everything coming together, nicely. It is the tell tale sign of God's orchestration. His going before and paving the way. So, they are to go to private school now, is it? What if that idea is met with rejection? Animosity? It is the will of the Lord that stands.

Yes, there was debate. Much contention. What makes THIS school right? There is no guarantee! None at all! But, I rest in that my friend works there...and if there is ever an issue, she will contact me, immediately! Besides, #1 family participation is required and #2 I need a job to help pay tuition. (Currently, I work on commission. If you, or anyone you know, is interested in a fitness challenge, please contact me and visit www.beachbodycoach.com/Matt5verse6 !) So, I can help out (maybe work) at the school.

I think this adjustment is going to be harder on me than them. My time with them is so precious, to me!

You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise. You shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes. You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates. (Deuteronomy 6:5-9 ESV)

But as for you, continue in what you have learned and have firmly believed, knowing from whom you learned it and how from childhood you have been acquainted with the sacred writings, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be competent, equipped for every good work. (2 Timothy 3:14-17 ESV)
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails