Tuesday, October 08, 2013

[Jesus Is] With You Always

And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age. (Matthew 28:20 ESV.)

Jesus is with me, always. I do not doubt that. And, the Holy Spirit convicts me when needed...which is very unpleasant, by the way. Generally, I am not anxious about each day and what is to come. But, every once in a while, when I least expect it, the shadow of doubt slithers into my consciousness and causes a wave of discomfort to wash over me. But why?

Jesus is my provider, my protector, my King, and Heavenly Father. He loves me, yet He is just. He does not give me everything I want rather all that I need. His hedge of protection is regularly around me, my loved ones, and all who are His. And, He will not neglect nor forsake me. All that I have was given to me, by Him, through His servants. "All things are His servants" (Psalm 119:91) whether they want to be, or not.

He opens doors and closes others. Sometimes the ones He opens are not quite what I have in mind...but I am obedient because He truly knows what is best! The times I have broken down the wrong door and determined to take what was not for me, did not go well, at all! So I have learned to be thankful for the path that is mine and to not offend the Holy Spirit!

The unknown is unpredictable, but it does not have to be scary. God goes before and paves the way. He wrote, orchestrated all that is to come and He did it before the foundations of the world. For me, that is a comfort...and I pray it is (or may be) for you, as well.
He will not let your foot be moved; he who keeps you will not slumber. (Psalm 121:3 ESV)
He will not let me stumble.

But Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." Then Peter said in reply, "See, we have left everything and followed you. What then will we have?"... And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or children or lands, for my name's sake, will receive a hundredfold and will inherit eternal life. (Matthew 19:26, 27, 29 ESV)
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails