Wednesday, November 27, 2013

...But Encouraging One Another...

I love the body of Christ. Whenever I am in need of anything, God touches my life, provides for me, and/or protects me... (most of the time) using His servants. And, ALL things are His servants.

By your appointment they stand this day,
for all things are your servants.
(Psalm 119:91 ESV)

In this season, I am back in school for my Bachelor's Degree. I am also a daughter, sister, wife, mother, step-mother, sister-in-Christ, friend, etc. When I look at scripture regarding "fellowship" I am reminded:

And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near. (Hebrews 10:24, 25 ESV)

"This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. (John 15:12 ESV)

Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ. (Galatians 6:2 ESV)

And day by day, attending the temple together and breaking bread in their homes, they received their food with glad and generous hearts, praising God and having favor with all the people. And the Lord added to their number day by day those who were being saved. (Acts 2:46, 47 ESV)

I love fellowshipping! I love having similar talents and interests as others in the body. My friend (and sister-in-Christ) called me Saturday evening and asked if I would be interested in an acting gig. It has been years but I guess it's one of those things that never goes away. I don't know if I'll ever outgrow it.

I have to be honest, getting up at 5:00 a.m. was an obstacle. And, I was kind of hoping she would text or call me to say she had a change of plans and was not going to be able to go. But, that did not happen. It was an hour and a half drive and though we passed the place many times (driving up and down the street), we were finally able to find it. By this point, we had also come up with a plan of action if we felt uncomfortable being there and needed to leave.

My point here is, God is truly awesome! He orchestrates my life as I need encouragement. Whether friends move or relationships change, God always has my heart covered. He challenges me, grows me, blesses me abundantly, provides for me, protects me from wickedness, teaches me, disciplines me, loves me, nurtures me, is not only my Savior but also my Lord.

I "feel young again" (as my friend so accurately put it). And, I am so thankful for the opportunity I had to just play for a day (no pun intended), for hubs who took on all of the parenting and household responsibilities so I could be gone for the day, and for Amber who threw down the gauntlet and said, "Let's do it!" I had a blast and cannot wait until next time!


(24 Hour Theater: Writers get 12 hours to write the script then the actors get 12 hours to learn it, rehearse it, and perform it.)
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails