Saturday, November 23, 2013

Do Not be Anxious About Anything...Not Even Theater

I was looking up some information, yesterday, in my SYSTEMATIC THEOLOGY book by Wayne Grudem and I was reminded how much I truly love (and desire to study) God's word. When I was a teenager, I wanted so much to be a pastor. I just knew that is what I wanted to do with my vapor of a life. Now, as an adult, I know that is not the path to which God is calling me. I still don't know all He has in store (because He choses to reveal things to us, slowly) but I do have faith and confidence I am on the right track.

On a different note, this evening a friend called me and asked if I was interested in participating in a theater thing, tomorrow. My interest was peaked. Theater is my third love... 1. God and Jesus (and God's word), 2. Dance (ballet, tap, jazz, pointe, acrobatics, etc.), 3. Theater, 4. Martial arts and MMA, 5. Volleyball...

But, I have to be honest, it has been quite a while since I have done ANY kind of theater work. But, I still love it. Every single time I watch a musical or theater production, I want to get up and join in it. So, when this opportunity presented itself, my two responses were 1. Heck yeah, I really want to do it, and 2. No way, it has been way too long since I've done this kind of thing. But, I prefer to challenge myself...to go outside my comfort zone and just give it a try. Part of the fun, tomorrow, is making errors, forgetting lines, resorting to improv, etc. I love improv!!!

Side bar: Let me just say, here, how insanely thankful I am to the teachers I had in dance, voice, acting, and theater! I feel they were each amazing individuals who taught me well and all they know. I am generally very comfortable on the stage...almost as if it were my second home. I hear "home" calling my name.

Alas, it is time to say, "Good night!" I have to be up at 5:00 in the morning to leave by 6:00 a.m. to get to the theater event by 8:00 a.m. And on a Sunday, of all days! It must be love...to get me up and out of the house by 6:00 a.m. AND to miss church.

Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:5-7 ESV)
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails