Sunday, December 29, 2013

When Relationships Are Gone

Doing my Christmas cards, this year, gave me time to reflect on the people who have come...and gone...during my life, so far. I think it is safe to say there have been thousands... hundreds of which I call "friends". But, sadly, I have been so bad at keeping track of some of them. That is something I hope to remedy. This Christmas, I updated my address book. Next year, I will add to it even more individuals, who are dear to me, I have lost track of along the way. My goal is to send out 300-400 cards each year. (I thought that was a lot until I saw a friend of mine has over 800 true friends!) I thank you, Lord, for truly I am blessed!

...The cry of the Holy Spirit in the hearts of our people is for a fresh, decisive emphasis on relationships of Love.

Therefore we eagerly embrace God's call for new, visible manifestations of love toward each other, our guests, and our neighbors. With a fresh openness and outgoing spirit to each other and to all new people, we henceforth put understanding above accusation, forbearance above faultfinding, and biblical unity above the demand for uniformity.

The value of relationships. We will take new practical steps to develop an atmosphere where personal, deepening, supportive, faith-building relationships of love are highly valued as expressions of our passion for the supremacy of God's love.
(By John Piper. ©2013 Desiring God Foundation. Website: desiringGod.org)

I honestly do not know where I would be without the amazing relationships I have (and had) in this vapor of a life! Each one has brought something wonderful with her/him and has a special place in my heart. Whenever I am in need of guidance, encouragement, and/or advice, God provides all that (or who) is necessary. I especially miss those who have gone before me.

So if there is any encouragement in Christ, any comfort from love, any participation in the Spirit, any affection and sympathy, complete my joy by being of the same mind, having the same love, being in full accord and of one mind. Do nothing from rivalry or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others. (Philippians 2:1-4 ESV)
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails