Wednesday, January 01, 2014

A New Adventure in the New Year

New beginnings can be difficult, scary, unnerving, intimidating, and uncertain. I feel it takes a strong person to not only talk about change, but to do it! Endings, whether being that of a life, relationship, or season are many times sad in nature. I guess there is a mourning of what will whole heartedly be missed.

Yesterday morning, I heard from the Second Born (who will from this point forward be referred to as The Army Kid). Basic training bound, out in the world, off on a new adventure. I could not help but think, "How exciting! Starting a new chapter, in a new place, to begin the new year!" I am not quite sure the Army Kid is as stoked, having never been away from family and friends before. But, hubs and I are hopeful this will be a good match for the Army Kid, full of great opportunities and success!

With the Army Kid off and running and the College Kid rerouted and plugging along, I feel I can now turn my attention mainly to the young'uns still living at home. What sort of lessons do I want them to have in their arsenal when it is their turn to leave the nest?

During my studies last semester, in World Geography, I was taught Christianity makes up a vast (if not one of the largest) percentages of faiths in each "realm". Being I am a follower of Christ, this was music to my ears and encouragement to me toward the field of missionary work. My father has been on many mission trips (and is still interested in doing more), I would love to start attending some, and I want to bring the Little Chef and Little Leaguer with me!

And he said to them, "Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation. (Mark 16:15 ESV)
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails