Monday, January 27, 2014

Some Have No Knowledge of God: Relationships

My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you may not sin. But if anyone does sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous. He is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the sins of the whole world. (1 John 2:1, 2 ESV)

Once again, my thoughts are running away with me. Last week kicked off Spring Semester for the bachelor's degree program in which I am enrolled. Getting accustomed to the new courses, syllabi, and deadlines has my mind swirling. I am afraid of missing something.

Secondly, I am asking prayer for a loved one on a mission team that is getting ready to head out and spread the gospel, soon! If you would not mind adding this request to your prayer list, God will know about whom you are speaking. Thank you so much!

And, I am trying to keep my heart fixed on only God and not the things of this world. They can be SO distracting. Sometimes, it is a tad tricky to be in the world and not let it swallow me up. With that said, I feel I still need to be aware of my surroundings so as not to get self absorbed in my day to day that I neglect the body of Christ which is iron sharpening iron.
Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another. (Proverbs 27:17 ESV)
It is a challenging balancing act in which souls are on the line.

Further, I find myself struggling with discontentment regarding my current status. Not so much that of being student, substitute teacher, etc. Rather, in that I miss my family, friends that have moved away, the good ol' days of youth group, etc. Maybe it is because I am in transition and there is a lot going on that has me feeling a longing for some kind of stability. Not to mention, I missed bible study the other night and that really irked me. It was my own fault...which makes it that much worse!

More often than not, these days, I find myself petitioning God for a "partner in crime". I have been "alone", if you will, (not to be confused with "lonely") for a long time ("long" being somewhere between ten and 20 years). And, I suppose "alone" is a relative term because I most certainly have not been without company. Nine times out of ten, someone is usually with me. So, what exactly do I mean? (Cue music.)

Sometimes you want to go
Where everybody knows your name.
And they're always glad you came.
You want to be where you can see,
Our troubles are all the same.
You want to be where everybody knows your name.
("Where Everybody Knows Your Name" by Gary Portnoy and Judy Hart Angelo)

Just joking. I would like to have more relationships in which parties are equally yoked. I guess I feel I have one too many "unequally yoked relationship" at the present and I'm tired...it's exhausting. I only have myself to blame and my prayer is for a little more balance.

Do not be deceived: "Bad company ruins good morals." Wake up from your drunken stupor, as is right, and do not go on sinning. For some have no knowledge of God. I say this to your shame. (1 Corinthians 15:33, 34 ESV)
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails