Tuesday, January 14, 2014

We Are Treated As Having Nothing, Yet Possessing Everything

I saw this on a social network and thought to myself, "He taught me how to fly!"

In my darkest days, I felt I was falling. I was certain of it, at first. I could not sleep at night, I felt sick to my stomach, I had terrible anxiety, I believed I was being slandered... it was, as a friend described it, the desert! But as time went by, I realized God was setting me free, giving me strength, blessing me abundantly, and in essence "teaching me to fly"! It was beautiful, breathtaking, and indescribable. The lessons, His sovereignty, and provisions were (and continue to be) immeasurable!

We put no obstacle in anyone's way, so that no fault may be found with our ministry, but as servants of God we commend ourselves in every way: by great endurance, in afflictions, hardships, calamities, beatings, imprisonments, riots, labors, sleepless nights, hunger; by purity, knowledge, patience, kindness, the Holy Spirit, genuine love; by truthful speech, and the power of God; with the weapons of righteousness for the right hand and for the left; through honor and dishonor, through slander and praise. We are treated as impostors, and yet are true; as unknown, and yet well known; as dying, and behold, we live; as punished, and yet not killed; as sorrowful, yet always rejoicing; as poor, yet making many rich; as having nothing, yet possessing everything. (2 Corinthians 6:3-10 ESV)
"Woe to you, when all people speak well of you, for so their fathers did to the false prophets. (Luke 6:26 ESV)

I had to stay "by the book" (His word). As long as I did that, I had faith I was doing the right thing. You see, sometimes we find ourselves in a labyrinth or vast forest dense with fog. It is truly difficult to find one's way. But, as a sister in Christ once recommended, I had to go above the thick haze or (as I would put it) use God's word as a map to guide me. At times, the "right thing to say or do" seems hidden like an elusive object. The answer is not always easy to see or find. There are times we are blinded or stumbling around as that around us is out of focus and we must use our sense of touch to lead us out of and away from the darkness. Wickedness is exceptionally tricky...like a spider web designed to catch prey.

John Piper states,
What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all, how will he not also with him graciously give us all things? Who shall bring any charge against God's elect? It is God who justifies. Who is to condemn? Christ Jesus is the one who died — more than that, who was raised — who is at the right hand of God, who indeed is interceding for us. Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword? As it is written, "For your sake we are being killed all the day long; we are regarded as sheep to be slaughtered." No, in [not instead of, but in!] all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord. (Romans 8:31–39) (By John Piper. ©2013 Desiring God Foundation. Website: desiringGod.org)

Yes, I say, "God is good...ALL the time!". His faithfulness, mercy, and grace are unwavering.
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails