Sunday, January 19, 2014

You Are Strong, and the Word of God Abides in You, And You Have Overcome the Evil One

Now to him who is able to strengthen you according to my gospel and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery that was kept secret for long ages but has now been disclosed and through the prophetic writings has been made known to all nations, according to the command of the eternal God, to bring about the obedience of faith— to the only wise God be glory forevermore through Jesus Christ! Amen. (Romans 16:25-27 ESV)

When I was quiet (over the past four or five months), there was mostly peace. Once I started to move toward God, again, the strife was nearly immediate. That is not a coincidence. But, the bottom line is, I love God more. So, conflict is what it is going to be and that warfare can kiss my butt! I will have strength in Christ! The rival will be defeated.

Once again I am suiting up in the full armor of God. I am loved, protected, and for whom provided. I do not need (nor want) wickedness or hatred in my vapor of a life. Further, any selfish individual is not going to have my best interest in mind, rather only him/herself. So, I cannot expect any sort of compassion, empathy, or understanding. Only a self indulgent, evil nature. Against which the armor should protect me.

but whoever keeps his word, in him truly the love of God is perfected. By this we may know that we are in him: whoever says he abides in him ought to walk in the same way in which he walked. (1 John 2:5-6. ESV.)

John Piper stated the following,
So the words of Jesus are the words of God, and they impart eternal life. And third they produce faith and holiness because they conquer the devil. We have a supernatural adversary, the devil. He hates us. He hates our marriages. He hates our children. He hates our church. And he hates God. In ourselves, we are not as strong as he is. That is why John says that “the whole world lies in the power of the evil one” (1 John 5:19). The world has no defense against the devil. None.

But listen to what John says of the young Christians in 1 John: “I write to you, young men, because you are strong, and the word of God abides in you, and you have overcome the evil one” (1 John 2:14). Do you see the connection? “The word of God abides in you, and you have overcome [conquered!] the evil one.” The devil cannot stand against the indwelling word of God.
(By John Piper. ©2013 Desiring God Foundation. Website: desiringGod.org)

See? I will have victory in Christ! Not in my own strength or on my own...but certainly in the armor, in the vine, with an all powerful God in my corner. Bring it on! I've been training...mentally...physically...and I am ready.

I'll stand
With arms high and heart abandoned
In awe of the one who gave it all
I'll stand
My soul Lord to you surrendered
All I am is yours
("The Stand" by Hillsong)

(Photo Information: http://www.sxc.hu/photo/341226)
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails