Wednesday, March 19, 2014

And the Peace of God Will Guard Your Hearts

Day three of “Spring Break” and I still have not completed any school work. (This is going to be a problem when the deadlines roll around in a few days!) I did get a little bit of house cleaning done but the floors are screaming for a vacuuming and mopping! The back door is cracked a tad (so the Chihuahua’s can come and go as they please…otherwise I’d be letting them in and out every few minutes) and the crisp spring breeze is trickling through. I have scented wax warming, creating light, lovely smells. I can hear the owls outside making their calls (similar to the ones I used to hear outside our house when I was a very young child). I should be doing my Algebra assignments, but I really do not want to do them. The repair man is coming by to fix the stove (which has not been working for months due to an important part that went bad…the home warranty company has been trying to resolve the issue).

Our old white boxer is laid out on the shag rug. It seems to be his favorite in his old age…he rarely leaves it. Our old pug has taken up residence on the couch. It’s a beautiful day outside. God is good…all the time. The stresses of this vapor of a life seem far away. Come 1:30 p.m. the pace of the day is going to increase, though, until the sun disappears and the hours reach close to midnight. Tomorrow and the day following, I have been called into work. I should soak up the remaining moments of relaxation before 1:30 rolls around and the current of the day whisks me away.

It is Lent. I’ve never really done anything for Ash Wednesday or Lent. The church where I grew up used to make mention of it and all but it never really pierced to my core. Resurrection Sunday, on the other hand, has gone straight to my heart. I rarely get up early in the morning for anything…but I LOVE attending sunrise service on Easter! There is just something about watching the light slowly fill the sky and listening to the events of that morning so long ago. When the ladies came to the tomb but the massive boulder had been moved and Jesus was gone. All that remained was the shroud in which His body had laid and an angel of the Lord to tell them Christ had risen. I suppose that does not seem like much to someone who does not celebrate Jesus or does not identify with Him. But for me, those brief moments of sunrise service are nothing short of breath taking, awesome, heart pounding, life changing, awe inspiring…not because of the service itself or the wonderful people who put it all together. Rather, in recognition of a man, the Son of God, what He stood for, Who He represented, Who He was, Who He glorified and Who we glorify in our existence. My words are so inadequate, so small and insignificant in comparison to the point I am trying to make…the One it is all about. <--(And to make matters worse I just ended that sentence in a preposition!)
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:4-7 ESV)

(Photo Information.)
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails