Monday, March 17, 2014

Because You Have Made the Lord Your Dwelling Place—

I love starting out the day in God’s word. Given I am back to being a poor college student again, I acknowledge I have not been doing a very good job balancing time in the scriptures and hours working on school work. I have not even been doing a very decent job at spending time with my family, which generally makes me ask myself if I am doing the right thing. It feels “right”. But sometimes something wrong can feel “right” and something “right” can feel so “wrong”. I was going to wait until my kiddos were graduates before proceeding to law school, however I was speaking to a gal a few days ago who just completed law school and she was able to do it part time. And, financial aid will still cover it, part time. Yes! That seems the way to go for me as well. That way, I won’t have to start paying back my student loan between completing my Bachelor’s Degree and law school. I will not have to wait additional years to begin law school, I’ll be able to do so directly following my Bachelor’s Degree. And, I will be able to join the work force again, sooner…perhaps when my young ones are graduates. That would shave off three years of my original time frame. Then, I would be in a better position to assist them as they leave home, establish their own household, work, go to school, etc… not to mention prepare for when hubs is ready to retire, and to help out our older children who are already out on their own trying to make their way in this world.

The Army Kid asked me to send a bible. I guess the one provided was not quite working out. I have a few so I sent one that was here at the house until I can get one more customized, that will be a better fit. There are so many layouts from which to choose. The Little Chef and Little Leaguer have “Adventure” bibles. I have a John MacArthur Study Bible, a “read the bible in a year” bible, a (1985) “Good News” bible (I received from my church when I was in 3rd grade), among others.

I have been dwelling a lot lately on “world issues”, I guess you could say. I’m not sure how else to describe them. Stuff like racism, hunger, slavery, clean water, advocacy, etc. The Matthew West song, “Do Something” has been my “anthem” the last week or so. I was a court appointed child advocate for six years and once I finish school, pass the bar (hopefully on the first attempt!), and become an attorney I want to serve the children in dependency court. It is the same branch in which I was an advocate for abused and neglected children in foster care. I will never do family court. And though I find criminal court highly interesting, I doubt I would ever do that branch either. I have to say, I’ve considered going into forensic Science (I love Science and I’m pretty good at it) but crime scenes mean the event is a “done deal”. I want to try and intervene before it gets that far. Does that make sense? And, everything I have done thus far has been working with kiddos --- dance teacher, advocate, substitute teacher --- which is where I feel the most useful.


For he will deliver you from the snare of the fowler
and from the deadly pestilence.
He will cover you with his pinions,
and under his wings you will find refuge;
his faithfulness is a shield and buckler.

You will not fear the terror of the night,
nor the arrow that flies by day,
nor the pestilence that stalks in darkness,
nor the destruction that wastes at noonday....

Because you have made the Lord your dwelling place—
the Most High, who is my refuge—
no evil shall be allowed to befall you,
no plague come near your tent.

For he will command his angels concerning you
to guard you in all your ways.
On their hands they will bear you up,
lest you strike your foot against a stone.
You will tread on the lion and the adder;
the young lion and the serpent you will trample underfoot.
(Psalm 91:3-6, 9-13 ESV)

(Photo Information)
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails