Monday, March 24, 2014

Jesus Prays for All Believers

I think it is safe to say, “My brain is fried!”

This semester is turning out to be a bit more difficult than I originally thought. I do not want to even do my algebra work. I find myself saying, “Last semester was not that bad!” but then hubs reminds me, no, last semester was “terrible” too. My poor family is just not used to anything hogging up my time. And, I have “no life”. But, hopefully it will be worth it in the end. This coming week is Spring Break for the kiddos so we will get to spend a lot of time together (just like the good ol’ days)… while I work on my school work.

Loved ones are expecting their second child and dear friends of ours are expecting their third. I find myself asking, “Could I go for a fifth?” But the answer comes quickly and with a resounding, “No!” I have been through the teenage years twice, already, and have two more times coming up soon! I am thinking I will be all burnt out by the end of it. (I REALLY have respect for parents with five, six, seven, plus kiddos!)

I always thought I was going to be a great parent for teenagers. Unfortunately, I heard, “I hate you,” and “You can’t tell me what to do!” more times than I would like to admit…three or four too many times. It broke my heart. So, it seems I am not very good at it…but I did try my very best! And, I will continue to do so…by the Book. (By Book I mean God’s Word, of course.)

Parenting is a blessing, a skill, and something that can always be improved upon. I think the pastor’s wife is going to do a ladies group study on a parenting book (after she finishes the book she is currently working though) so I’ll most likely be joining that! (A little extra prep for the looming teenage years never hurt anyone.)

And, dog gone it, may I just say we watched a (rather intense) movie tonight as a family. (The flick was actually intended just to be for hubs but we all ended up getting sucked into it.) It was the second movie adaptation in a three book series --- I do not even think I watched the entire first one --- but there was a cliff hanger at the end (of course) and now we are in suspense. Darn you, Hollywood!

Anyway, this post is kind of all over the place but that is how this vapor of a life is sometimes…moderate chaos.

Jesus Prays for All Believers
"I do not ask for these only, but also for those who will believe in me through their word, that they may all be one, just as you, Father, are in me, and I in you, that they also may be in us, so that the world may believe that you have sent me. The glory that you have given me I have given to them, that they may be one even as we are one, I in them and you in me, that they may become perfectly one, so that the world may know that you sent me and loved them even as you loved me. Father, I desire that they also, whom you have given me, may be with me where I am, to see my glory that you have given me because you loved me before the foundation of the world. O righteous Father, even though the world does not know you, I know you, and these know that you have sent me. I made known to them your name, and I will continue to make it known, that the love with which you have loved me may be in them, and I in them." (John 17:20-26 ESV)

(Photo Information.)
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails