Saturday, March 29, 2014

My Soul Clings to the Dust

I am loving this week! Why? Because I can stay up as late as I want finishing up my studies and I do not have to get up early in the morning to take the kiddos to school. Usually, I have to get to bed by a certain time so I get enough rest to function the following day. (Yes, I am one of THOSE people.) I also like that I do not have to leave the house if we do not want to, so I can just power through my class assignments. Generally, I take the young ones to school, do some of my work, pick up the kiddos, do more university work, get to extracurricular activities (if possible, when possible), make dinner, then try to finish my daily allotment of studying. I might even get a weekend if I finish everything in a timely manner!

Tuesday, I pre-enrolled three units for over the summer. That is only 1/3 of the load I am currently pulling. The sooner I finish all of this the better! Next semester might be a little gnarly, though. I am planning on enrolling in Principles of Economics: Macro, Business Law I, Personal Wellness, and Diversity in the United States. I’m thinking Personal Wellness and Diversity should not be too demanding but Economics and Business Law might be a bit intense. My advisor suggested a communications class during the summer but I want to get another Early Education class under my belt. I still plan on being a substitute teacher next year. And though the logistics of my Introduction to Education class might be frustrating at times, I am truly finding the information beneficial as I work with children.

Part of Monday was a bit challenging but Tuesday was great. The kids and I are back together again…even though I have lessons I have to complete, it is more like old times when I was schooling them at home. It is so nice. I miss them (and they miss me) when they are gone most of the day. The Little Leaguer has been throwing some monstrous temper tantrums since being enrolled at the school but I believe this week together will help matters. Not to mention The Little Chef is happy as a clam to not have to open a book, answer any questions, or even think about Math or Science at the present. Taking a trip to a museum was mentioned, though. That would be fun! God knows when we need these little breaks and He is always faithful to deliver.

I am enjoying the longer days and sitting at the table (working diligently) as the setting sun cascades through the window, into our dining nook, and warms my face. Admittedly I have to turn the blinds at a certain point but how lovely are the soon to be summer days?! I do not believe it is any secret that summer is my favorite season, by far.

My soul clings to the dust;
give me life according to your word!
26 When I told of my ways, you answered me;
teach me your statutes!
27 Make me understand the way of your precepts,
and I will meditate on your wondrous works.
28 My soul melts away for sorrow;
strengthen me according to your word!
29 Put false ways far from me
and graciously teach me your law!
30 I have chosen the way of faithfulness;
I set your rules before me.
31 I cling to your testimonies, O LORD;
let me not be put to shame!
32 I will run in the way of your commandments
when you enlarge my heart!
(Psalm 119:25-32. ESV.)

(Photo Information.)
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails