Tuesday, March 18, 2014

The Life I Now Live, I Live by Faith

I’m not going to lie. Yesterday was a little bit of a mentally and emotionally exhausting day. We’ve been working on something, the education of one of our kiddos, and yesterday there was a meeting. Today, there is yet another meeting. We want to do what is best and get it right. Sometimes I wish this life could just move smoothly and transition from one season to the next without a hitch. Life is but a vapor. It’s too short to be serious all the time or even part of the time…hence the reason I smile often and laugh as much as possible. The bumps in the road will drag you down if you let them. Don’t let them! Be serious only seasonally.

This week is SUPPOSED to be my spring break from school. Some of my instructors didn’t get the memo. So, it’s nearly business as usual on that level. Next week the young bloods get their spring break so at least I can sleep in a little bit but my classes will be back into full swing. Oh well. Summer is coming and I only plan on taking one class during the summer. Hopefully it will not be too intense.

God’s word says He only gives us what we can handle (1 Corinthians 10:13). Well, I do not feel any of it is in my own strength but in Christ who strengthens me (Philippians 4:13). Further, God’s word says His grace is sufficient (2 Corinthians 12:9). At the end of day, I can feel all of those things. In the midst of questions and seeking answers, however, it is draining. Working out generally clears my head and leaves me feeling amped…but I have not had time to workout. Studying God’s word and writing help me get refocused, too.

As I mentioned above, we’ve been addressing the academics of one of our kiddos and I am glad I am taking an education class this semester (it’s actually an Early Education class). It is helping me understand children and how they learn, in general, as we navigate unfamiliar waters. I want my children (and all children for that matter) to be successful. I truly believe there are as many different ways to learn as there are people. It is difficult for schools to maintain a “standard” because “one size” does not “fit all”.

I was reading how there is talk about the United States (U.S.) having the worst education for children. How we score low compared to other countries. Yet, on higher levels (say, university) everything balances out…everywhere is equal or close enough. In fact, many countries send adolescents to the U.S. for college. (When I attended Oklahoma City University --- many moons ago --- I had (at one time) two roommates from Japan and one from Indonesia. My neighbors were from Europe. And that is just the tip of the iceberg. The students at that school were very diverse in that sense.) So I have peace in that despite the levels on which children are placed or perceived to operate in their early years (elementary and middle school), things ultimately will pan out as they get older and mature.

I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. I do not nullify the grace of God, for if righteousness were through the law, then Christ died for no purpose. (Galatians 2:20, 21 ESV)

(Photo Information.)
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails