Monday, April 07, 2014

For When I am Weak, Then I am Strong

Some days I REALLY miss having family (and/or close friends) nearby. I dread ever being seriously injured or ill as I have no one here to take care of me (no “support system”) and I do not feel it would be fair to ask my children to do it. This morning I was hand feeding our white boxer (because he is so old and slowly deteriorating) and he accidently chomped down on both of my hands with his strong jaw. I yelled out in pain and it brought tears to my eyes but other than my children there was no one who came to my aid. When my kiddos were younger (toddlers) if I was feeling under the weather there was no one to watch them for me (unless I drove them to the local day care provider…which I did end up doing). I feel like a “one man band” and a full time care taker…and it’s exhausting. (Well, some days more than others.) But, I am certain I am not alone in feeling this way. There are many out there who have day to day life far more intense, demanding, and tiresome. Who am I to complain, right?

I filed my Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) last week or the week before. (I lose track of time, sometimes.) I am pressing forward with getting my bachelor’s degree so I can go to law school and earn an income. Fall semester 2014 I should be “junior” status. I find that very exciting and encouraging because it means I am getting close to the finish line. Which reminds me of something…

For one of my classes we had to post a video on our class discussion board and then watch the videos of five other classmates and comment on them. One was a flick that was made by an elementary school instructor. It told why she teaches the way she does. Her inspiration was her brother who died unexpectedly one semester before graduating college. She asked, “If you knew a child had a life expectancy of 18 years, would you teach any different knowing that most of their life would be spent in the classroom?” She goes on to say she will “create a classroom environment that feels like family where all students feel at home”. That sounds nice, doesn’t it…an environment that feels like home? Her video is at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2sP-1HKN9E#t=24 if you are interested in watching it.

Only about fifteen (15) more months until we move to Texas. To say, “I can’t wait,” would be a gross understatement! Sure, I will still be away from my family (hometown, and childhood friends) but I will be so much closer! Close enough infact I can just pack up my vehicle and make the drive! If I could, I would get even closer to them but unfortunately that is not an option. But I am so blessed and thankful for what I will get! BELIEVE ME!

When I moved out here to California, I thought it was going to be so different. I was young and reckless, immature, naïve, foolish. But as I get older I realize it is better to be surrounded by a support system! This vapor of a life is too short! Some days I REALLY miss having a “support system” and that is the bottom line.


9But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 10For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong. (2 Corinthians 12:9-10. ESV.)

(Photo Information.)
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails